Summary: Here's the best workflow of ripping your DVDs with handbrake for playing on New iPad 2017 in a free way.
HandBrake is a free and open source DVD/Video Converter that can rip your DVDs to H.264/H.265 MP4, MKV for free. After digitizing, you can copy the converted DVD (save as .mp4) movies on New iPad 2017 or other portable devices for watching on the go. If you don't know the detail steps, you can take this tutorial as reference to finish the job.
How to Rip DVD with HandBrake on PC/Mac for free?
Step 1. Download Handbrake on PC/Mac
Go to HandBrake official site and download latest freeware on your PC.
Step 2. Load DVD Movies
Insert DVD to the DVD drive and launch HandBrake. Click "Open Source" and choose DVD movies to Handbrake
HandBrake will scan the titles and chapters of the DVD. The whole process is fast, unless you're trying to rip encrypted movies.
Step 3. Set Output Destination and output settings
In the "Destination" option, you can click "Browse" button to navigate to where you want to save the output file, and meanwhile type in a file name in the pop-up menu. Then choose a desired output format (MP4 or MKV) from "Container" box in Output setting column.
Tips: You can do some settings under "Picture", "Filters", "Video", "Audio", "Subtitles", "Chapters" and "Advanced" sections as you like. HandBrake offers some handy presets on the right side of the main interface.
Step 4. Start Converting DVD with HandBrake
With all settings, you can click "Start" button to rip and convert DVD with HandBrake for iPad.
The conversion time depends on your original video length, output video settings, you CPU, etc.
After the conversion, Handbrake will show you a window saying that your Handbrake queue is done. Now you can copy converted DVD movies to iTunes library and sync them to New iPad for watching without limitations.
Editor's Note: Though Handbrake was generally faster but less flexible in many of its settings and even hangs and crashes regardless of your output settings. However, you can only rip these DVD discs without any copy protection. If you search for a more professional DVD ripping tool that deals with any (protected) 2D/3D DVD, Video_TS folder, ISO image files, Brorsoft DVD ripper for Windows (or Mac) is highly recommended with below features:
- All-in-one DVD ripper/copier supports any (portected) DVD, DVD ISO and Video_TS files as input and convert them to 250+ output formats.
- Supported output video and audio formats include MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, 3GP, VOB, MP3, M4A, WAV, M4A, AAC, AC3 and more.
- Supports 150+ presets for popular devices like the iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, PS3/PS3, Xbox, Samsung Galaxy Note, Android Tablet/Phone and more.
- Back up any DVD with 1:1 original structure, or main movie only
- With a built-in video editor, you can edit and touch up DVD movies as you like.
- Support H.265/HEVC output video format
Read More: DVD to Netgear NeoTV